[kwlug-disc] More news on ownCloud

Ralph Janke txwikinger at ubuntu.com
Sat Nov 8 12:00:23 EST 2014

The problem is that they essentially got rid of MOTUs and even
before they made it far too hard to become one. The result is
that there are not enough people who can maintain such packages (
at least officially).

However, due to PPAs, anybody can just appoint themselves, and shoot
the gap. So, Bob, just put the one from the SuSE building service and
put it into a PPA and announce it to the world and the problem is
solved.

Just my 2 Canadian (not existing anymore) cents