[kwlug-disc] Fedora 20 bridged networking

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Nov 4 00:55:24 EST 2014

It was requested that I post my bridge configuration. This is on Fedora
20 machine with Network Manager disabled, since it's a headless machine
with static configuration.

I actually forgot how this network was configured when I offered to post
this configuration. You'll note that there is no IP address to access
this interface. It is purely dedicated to VM traffic. The host has an
additional NIC for all of it's communication, configured in the normal way.

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-br_lan:
=START=========================
DEVICE=br_lan
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=none
NM_CONTROLLED=no
IPV6INIT="no"
IPV6_AUTOCONF="no"
IPV6_DEFROUTE="no"
=END==========================

/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-p12p1:
=START=========================
TYPE="Ethernet"
ONBOOT="yes"
NM_CONTROLLED=no
BRIDGE=br_lan
HWADDR="00:0e:0c:cf:80:4d"
IPV6INIT="no"
=END==========================

Within the VM definition xml, the network config looks like this:
=START=========================
     <interface type='bridge'>
       <mac address='52:54:00:25:75:4b'/>
       <source bridge='br_lan'/>
       <model type='virtio'/>
       <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x03'
function='0x0'/>
     </interface>

--
Chris Irwin