[kwlug-disc] mutt-compatible mail client

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat May 10 20:02:27 EDT 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 06:37:09PM -0400, Chris Frey wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 04:38:38PM -0400, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> > So I am having troubles posting email from Mutt to a particular
> > mailing list (which happens to be hosted on the same server as this
> > mailing list). This is very particular behaviour, so to
> > debug/workaround it I want to use an alternative mail client.
>
> If you could make mutt work with this mailing list, would you still
> need a different client?

No. As Khalid says, this is for either debugging or a workaround.

> > Suggestions? (I am guessing there will be a lot of Thunderbird
> > suggestions, and I have not tried that yet. But there are other email
> > clients, too.)
>
> A combination of fetchmail and lumail (lumail.org) might work if you're
> ok with using maildir instead of mbox.  mutt supports maildir.
>
> I haven't had a need to try lumail yet, but it looks interesting.

It looks like a neat concept, but it's a lot of setup and migration
from what I have now. mbox format is not fantastic, but it is
convenient for me in the sense that it works "well enough" and I have
plenty of email history archived in this format. Having to set up
fetchmail seems like another hassle (although I am sure it is not that
hard).

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org