[kwlug-disc] [KwartzLab] Voicemail by email

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Thu Mar 20 11:59:50 EDT 2014

> Somebody claiming to be Darcy Casselman wrote:
> >Does anyone know of a service that will give you a phone number and send
> >you voice mail messages by email?
>
> I use <http://www.vitelity.com/> -- they will give you a Canadian phone
> number, email your voicemail (transcribe and audio both), and also support
> SMS.

Browsing through their feature list, I see that they support SMS! Have you
used this? How does it work?

I had played with using my VOIP number as my primary "Just one number" to
get me at home, out, and voicemail-to-email. The downside is having to say
"Unless you want to text me", and providing my mobile number.