[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Sun Jun 29 16:13:29 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-29 13:34, unsolicited wrote:
> Their [business interests]interest is not the public interest, unless
> they can increase their profit in kowtowing to it. (And the lines
> don't stay still.)

The lines do not stay still, i.e. what is "the public interest"?.

Some say CANCON is in the "public interest". Some say it is not.
Some say the CTRC serves the "public interest". Some say it does not.

"And the lines don't stay still."
- witness the debates (some pre-CTRC) about magnetic tape, reel-to-reel
& cassette
- witness the debates about CDROM & digital media/copying
- witness the debates about Writable-CDROM & digital media/copying
- witness the debates (continuing) about content in MP3 and other
digital formats and digital media/copying
- more

On a similar vein, until recently I commuted between the 519 and 905
with the terminus near YYZ.
And I listened to talk radio on AM stations located in Kitchener and
Toronto.
Over the past number of years all of these stations have been making
changes in their programming.
These changes include modifying their format, been changing hosts,
running repeat shows, etc.
Recently two talk radio hosts lost their jobs on a local AM station
owned by Rogers as a result of these changes.
CNN, too, has been changing its format, moving from "news" to
"entertainment".
Presumably, these changes came about due to business decisions driven by
revenue, costs and shrinking/changing audiences and shrinking
advertising income.

"And the lines don't stay still."
JohnJ