[kwlug-disc] Homeworx HW-150 PVR on sale locally

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Sat Jun 14 13:49:43 EDT 2014

The PVR I am using just went on sale at BestBuy for $50 ($20 off), with
stock in Kitchener and Cambridge.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/homeworx-homeworx-high-definiton-digital-converter-box-hw-150pvr-hw-150pvr/10273439.aspx

As I said before, its user interface is terrible, and the remote is poorly
designed. It would not compare to a MythTV/XBMC thing, but those are not
off the shelf, and can be large and noisy.

This PVR is small foot print, and does the job (i.e. has a separate ATSC
tuner built-in, records and plays HD to a USB disk, and can act as a
digital to analog converter box if you don't have an HD TV).

Since BestBuy has a 30 day return guarantee, you may want to pick it up and
try it and return it if you don't like it.

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.