[kwlug-disc] Grounding for antenna

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Thu Jun 12 18:58:51 EDT 2014

On 2014-06-12 17:46, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Note that the 100 ft RG6 goes into a surge protector near the TV (the
> other corner of the house from where the cable goes in to the house).

I am not sure what is available these days but in a similar discussion
on this list I mentioned that a device known as "lightning arrester" be
installed OUTSIDE.
In the case of a lightning induced surge in the antenna circuitry, the
"lightning arrester" would shunt surge voltages to ground before the
surge voltages would find their way into the house.

The surge protector inside the house is also a good idea as surge
voltages can be carried into the house along the power lines.

jsquared