[kwlug-disc] Any experience with cloudatcost.com VPS?

hubert hubert at uhoreg.ca
Wed Jul 30 23:24:04 EDT 2014

On Wed, 30 Jul 2014 13:54:58 -0400, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> said:

[...]

> It's pretty clear to me that this $10 plan was a response to
> DigitalOcean's cheap VPSes, so according to capitalism I am not
> supposed to care.  But we have been remarkably happy with Linode so
> far, and I do not want to switch because it is eaten up by a
> competitor.

> Does anybody have experience using DigitalOcean? How is their uptime?
> Their support?

I don't have experience with DigitalOcean, but I have a couple VPSs with
RamNode, which is/was cheaper than DigitalOcean.  I haven't had any
support requests, so I can't say anything about their response time, but
they are very open about any issues that they have.  I haven't had any
issues with uptime -- the only downtime that I'm aware of is when they
had to do kernel upgrades for security issues.  They are also one of the
few VPS providers that I'm aware of that actually supports IPv6.

--
Hubert Chathi - Email/Jabber: hubert at uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 4096R/113A1368 (Key available at pool.sks-keyservers.net)