[kwlug-disc] What is all this about systemd?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Jul 18 16:52:38 EDT 2014

I don't think I was saying it wasn't good enough, I think I was saying
that, in the tradition, the maintainers would commit to continuity -
rather than the explicit you can count on nothing, statement.

If I understand these posts correctly, the issue is not that it is or
isn't a better widget, see 'moving target' comments, but that the design
approach is so contrary to tried and proven best and effective practice
principles.

I get the desire to 'solve this problem', the problem is that the
ecosystem within which it sits is so huge that the lack of apparent
desire to play nice with the rest of the world and integrate and
cooperate with the rest of the ecosystem gets up people's craw.

That there is this level of debate surrounding it speaks volumes.

Feels like everyone's got their heels dug in on this. Not typically a
good thing.