[kwlug-disc] Home made indoor TV Antenna

William Park opengeometry at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 8 01:17:38 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 08, 2014 at 12:27:17AM -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin wrote:
> Here is a very cheap antenna that is available at KW Surplus for only $40.
>
> A friend of mine got it and mounted on his chimney where an old unused
> satellite dish used to be.
>
> He is able to get CTV, Global, TVO and CHCH from Hamilton, and perhaps
> something else that I forgot. It has a built in amplifier AND a remote
> controlled rotor.
>
> Also, he has a big tree obstructing the view to the CN Tower so he can't
> tell whether it gets it or not.
>
> He threw away the box so he does not know the exact model.
>
> It is either this one
> http://www.naxa.com/antennas/naa-351.html
>
> Or this one
> http://www.naxa.com/antennas/naa-350.html
>
> If someone tries this out, instead of the > $250 CM-4228HD and CM-7777,
> please post your results here.

When it comes to antenna, it's the aperture (area collecting the signal)
that counts.  Your 8-bay is the best option because it has the largest
aperture in the market.  I wish people not confuse Physics with Linux.
There are no 500 different distros of Physics, and no 8 different ways
of compiling Physics.
--
William