[kwlug-disc] How to choose a new motherboard

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 1 00:35:16 EDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 10:46:52PM -0400, unsolicited wrote:

> To both situations, isn't the question these days - has anyone
> bought something recently to find out it DOESN'T work? i.e. Doesn't
> everything 'just work' these days?

In my experience, Debian is "respecting my freedom" by stripping
out binary blobs, thus making the distro more and more difficult to
install. I am running into more problems with simple network cards
than I used to, which is irritating. So yes: there are some things that
don't "just work", as Darcy hinted.

The moral of this story is probably "Don't use Debian" but la la la
I'm not listening.

- Paul