[kwlug-disc] (no subject)

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Feb 26 14:56:09 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 11:40 AM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Easy to try, given what you have said - loop some wire across a TV cable
> (i.e. internal strand of cable to braid - I used a cable connector with
> paper clip in middle). Hang it in an (East facing?) window - put other end
> to your TV's ATSC tuner - scan.

You mean just connect the poles on the end of the coax cable that is lying
outside (braided with centre wire) using the paper clip? Is that the
"clothes hanger" thing that was referenced in an earlier email?

Currently that cable is connected to an unused satellite dish's LNB that is
pointing west, but has a large tree and house to its south (where PBS is).
With that, I only get CKCO.

But will try a clothes hanger once I can go outside.

> For CKCO / news, you can stream from the website - no OTA or additional
> service beyond internet needed. If useful.

You mean the one here http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/video?

Doesn't work on Linux for me for some reason. Neither in Firefox nor
Chromium nor Opera. Shows a black screen, and says need to upgrade Adobe
Flash player, though I have the latest version.

Firefox on Android does not display the video either!

Even the browser on the LG TV does not want to play that stream ...

--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.