[kwlug-disc] Line of sight / antennas

John Johnson jvj at golden.net
Wed Apr 16 16:40:14 EDT 2014

On 2014-04-16 16:01, Richard Weait wrote:
> The link should show my saved choices.
>
> https://www.komoot.de/plan/tour/bAxGYIAAB-zLLPQKYKfYB3A_aUfAoFIUNmA?
>
> Looks "not bad".  It doesn't consider earth curvature or antenna
> elevation.  It does look cool though.  Maps are cool.

Cool map. And the elevation profile is cool, too.

The elevation profile shows a rise or a "bump" about 60 km from KW.
I think that this seems like it would be on the NW side of Dundas.
And this would be same as that seen at Clappison's Corners where Hwy 6
drops down from Hwy 5 to the 403.
This is, roughly, where Hwy 5 crosses the Niagara Escarpment and
continues north through Milton.
The escarpment can be seen in the shading on the same map.

PS: At 99 km from KW, the elevation profile shows the ravine where the
Welland Canal is located. Cool!

BTW: On a bicycle tour in the same area, my brother's buddy crashed his
bike and wound up in the trees.
The page does indicate "advanced riding skills necessary".

JohnJ