[kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Thu Sep 12 17:54:40 EDT 2013

Yes, that is one way of doing it, but there is another way.

If you go here: http://www.freephoneline.ca/optionalServices and clock on
the "Fongo Home Phone" link, you will see the device, which is just like
the Magic Jack: internet from one port, and RJ11 from the other. It is
$4.95 a month. Magic Jack is $2.5 per month. The international rates for
Magic Jack are cheaper (at least to Egypt) than Fongo's.

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 5:43 PM, <jvj at golden.net> wrote:

> Text copied from FONGO's website:
>
> Fongo’s application works on any iPhone or Android based phone or device.
> Users receive a new Canadian telephone number, free long distance calling
> to most Canadian cities, unlimited airtime, voice mail, caller ID and many
> more free features. [ edit ] Fongo enjoys privileged access to Fibernetics,
> a Canadian CLEC that owns and operates its own coast-to-coast network in
> Canada.
>
> and
>
> Fongo works by routing calls over the user’s Wi-Fi or data connection,
> eliminating the need for expensive voice minutes.
>
> BTW: FONGO is a div of Fibernetics hence the priveledged access.
>
> JohnJ
> ------------------------------
>
> *Subject:* Re: [kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?
> *Date:* Thu, 12 Sep 2013 17:33:14 -0400
> *From:* Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>
> *To:* KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
> *Reply-To:* KWLUG discussion <kwlug-disc at kwlug.org>
>  Looking at Fongo, it seems like a VoIP to POTS hardware blackbox.
> If we are in this territory already, then why not consider MagicJack? I
> bought one for my mom in Egypt and she can call me for free (and I can call
> her too), for $30 a year ($10 of those are for a Canada phone number that
> is local to me).
>
> --
> Khalid M. Baheyeldin
> 2bits.com, Inc.
> Fast Reliable Drupal
> Simplicity is prerequisite for reliability. --  Edsger W.Dijkstra
> Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --   Leonardo da Vinci
> For every complex problem, there is an answer that is clear, simple, and
> wrong." -- H.L. Mencken

Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.
Fast Reliable Drupal