[kwlug-disc] Favourite free sip registrars?

Chris Craig kwlug.org at ciotog.net
Thu Sep 12 17:23:50 EDT 2013

On 12 September 2013 13:37, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> I've stumbled across freephoneline.ca again. I hear it mentioned every
> now and again.
>
> Anyone have any comments or experiences?

Freephoneline used to be part of Fibernetics, a company here in Cambridge
(it used to be near downtown Kitchener). It was spun off as a separate
company, and renamed "Fongo" quite some time ago. Then several months ago
they laid off most of their staff of around 30 (developers, dev testers,
marketing, all the VPs, etc), keeping a skeleton crew of a couple of people
headed by one of the Fibernetics founders.

At any rate, you can find support info at fongo.com, it's still operational.

Full disclosure - I currently work for Fibernetics