[kwlug-disc] Kitchener Waterloo Cable ISPs

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Mon Nov 11 16:29:57 EST 2013

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 12:25 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Khalid: Be fair (to Acanac). Their front page,
> http://ww.acanac.ca/cable.html, shows various rate plans, but to get the
> best it's an annual fee. I can't find the fine print ('*' reference) to see
> what the fee is after the first year, but last I looked it's that fee
> annually - the '*' was a fine print reference to being held hostage to
> CRTC/Rogers, and any wholesaler fee change would of course have to be
> passed on. Added during a recent CRTC go around or 3 or 5. I expect the
> same is true of any provider.
>
> Looks like the best rate is $43.95/month ($527.40 annual), first year for
> 35/3, peak 14/1. (They show other goodies too.) Rather cheaper than your
> other choices.

I went by what my friend (who has been their customer for 3 years and happy
with them) told me, and thought it is their only plan. Should have checked.

Now that I checked, they don't see what the following year cost will be
after the promo. So a question mark there.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.