[kwlug-disc] Google Reader alternative

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Tue May 7 11:57:06 EDT 2013

I have been using Tiny Tiny RSS for about two months now.

It does the job.

Just use the up and down arrow if you want to browse through the current
feed, rather than using the vim like commands, which will work, but will
navigate all articles, not just the current feed.

The only annoyance is that it forces me to login twice a day. This is
despite setting the following in config.php

  define('SESSION_COOKIE_LIFETIME', 86400*365);
  define('SESSION_EXPIRE_TIME', 86400*365);

Despite the ttrss_sid having this as the expiry date: Sat 03 May 2014
02:51:44 PM EDT, I am forced to login.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca> wrote:

> There was some after-meeting talk of Google Reader, and potential
> alternatives.The one I'm looking at, but couldn't remember the name of, is
> called Tiny Tiny RSS.
>
>     http://tt-rss.org/redmine/projects/tt-rss/wiki
>
> It is a self-hosted feed aggregator, and also has a some mobile apps for
> android. It's open source, and based on PHP and uses either MySQL or
> PostgreSQL.
>
> Additionally, it seems at least the "greader" android app will be
> supporting ttrss as a source for feeds.
>
> --
> Chris Irwin
> <chris at chrisirwin.ca>