[kwlug-disc] Version Mismatch Ubuntu 12.04 linux-image-generic

Chamunks Arkturus chamunks at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 22:41:01 EST 2013

well i read this then did some googling also with the information given in
this thread and discovered that linux-generic is just a meta package so i
just apt-mark manual linux-headers-generic linux-image-generic then apt-get
remove linux-generic and the problem was solved.

Thats a nice looking script bob i should look into it more.   But turns out
that this is a problem that happens more often.  I think that "unsolicited"
might have ended up on the same thread i found.
http://askubuntu.com/questions/253243/apt-wedged-by-kernel-version-mismatch