[kwlug-disc] Remote desktop software for presenters

Bob Jonkman bjonkman at sobac.com
Thu Aug 8 02:27:44 EDT 2013

If it's VNC, then in some cases the distro already comes bundled with a
VNC server. In older Ubuntu distros it was called the Remote Desktop;
instructions for enabling it are at
http://www.ehow.com/how_6802096_enable-remote-desktop-ubuntu.html

In Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) under Unity it's called Desktop
Sharing; instructions for enabling it are at
http://askubuntu.com/questions/320964/remotely-connecting-to-a-raring-ringtail-desktop-from-windows-8

I've been using the Mate desktop under Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin),
and there's no distro-supplied desktop sharing (that I've found), so I
might use the TightVNC package which has a server.

--Bob.