[kwlug-disc] Monitoring network spikes (redux?)

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 22 16:41:29 EDT 2012

I have spent 1.5 days trying to get bandwidthd-pgsql to work on
Debian. So frustrating! It doesn't come with any apache configuration
and there is no index page.

I know there is a pfSense package for bandwidthd. I am reluctant to
install packages on such an important pfSense box, but I might try it.

In the meantime I have tried darkstat, which is working okay. I have a
plausible story for what is happening now (thank you Symantec) but I
do not have a complete story yet. I am still getting giant spikes in
traffic and I don't know why.

- Paul