[kwlug-disc] Troubleshooting Asterisk disconnects

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Fri Mar 23 16:30:21 EDT 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 16:16, L.D. Paniak <ldpaniak at fourpisolutions.com> wrote:
> Sounds like the ultimate VoIP project killer:  a bug in which a human
> voice can trigger DTMF tones.  It is triggered more commonly by female
> voices and non-English languages like French.  eg.
>
> http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,20866515
>
> I seem to have fixed it with a firmware upgrade and by turning down the
> pickup gain on the SPA.

Very interesting. I didn't know you could end a call with a DMTF tone.
But this does explain why it would happen to my wife and her mum more
than me and my brother (who is quite sick of me calling and keeping
him on the line)

I had problems previously with random tones and beeps on the other end
of the call. I changed it to in-band rather than out of band tones,
and that issue has gone away (or at least nobody has mentioned it
since).
--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>