[kwlug-disc] Unity Issues.

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 17:20:57 EDT 2012

Certain broadcomm drivers are another issue with 12.04 on notebooks. On my
Lenovo 3000 C100 I had to issue b43.blacklist=yes before booting the live
CD or the 12.04 live CD would hang before it fully loaded (it's a new bug
for 12.04). Once the firmware is installed the issue disappears. The
problem was that 12.04 wasn't finding the proprietary firmware and just
crashing. I think it should be fixed for the 12.10 release, but 12.04 ISOs
still seem to have this problem. With so many notebooks having broadcomm
chipsets I'm surprised Canonical didn't reissue the ISOs with the fix.

Cheers,

Charles