[kwlug-disc] GNOME Shell slides and notes

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue Jan 10 00:11:39 EST 2012

The slides I was using tonight are posted, both as plain files (if you
only want the .odp) and tar.gz including the two short videos. Note the
videos are in webm format, and are linked into the presentation (rather
than included within it).

    http://chrisirwin.ca/presentations/

Important links for those interested using GNOME Shell:

    https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/CheatSheet

    https://extensions.gnome.org/

A few links mentioned talking a bit about the process to get to where it
is:

    https://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/DesignHistory

    https://live.gnome.org/GnomeShell/Design

    http://digitizor.com/2010/11/16/gnome-shell-then-and-now-or-how-unity-has-influenced-it/

I don't know the exact URLs Darcy had for the Unity side, but these seem
to be the keyboard shortcut list, and list of lenses used today. Darcy,
can you confirm/correct?

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/28086/what-are-unitys-keyboard-and-mouse-shortcuts

    http://askubuntu.com/questions/38772/what-lenses-for-unity-are-available

I know there were a few questions that as we were packing up and
leaving. Unfortunately I had to head straight home, so I missed the
opportunity to answer at the post-meeting venue. Please post them here,
and I'll do my best to answer what I can.

--
Chris Irwin
e:  chris at chrisirwin.ca
w: http://chrisirwin.ca