[kwlug-disc] Unity Issues.

Joe Wennechuk youcanreachmehere at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 11 08:17:37 EDT 2012

   I just ended up doing a reinstall of 10.10. He is mostly a Windows user, with Virtualbox running XP inside his Ubuntu. He did an upgrade by mistake to 11.04, and started having issues. He didn't like unity from the start. When I did the upgrade to Oneric, it broke half way through, and even a --fix-broken wouldn't get it going.   I never looked at lightDM. If I ever run into this again that is the first place I'm going to try. There were issues with his close and minimize buttons not showing up, and some windows while resizeable were unmovable from the top bar or were missing their own top bar; but, Mostly I think it was the complete switch to the unity way that was most frustrating for this user.
Thanks for all of the help.