[kwlug-disc] Add swap space while a centos server is live.

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Sat Oct 29 20:42:51 EDT 2011

On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 07:51:22PM -0400, Colin K wrote:
> Currently there is no swap on this server! it tweaks me a little that this
> VPS didnt come with swap by default but i think they do that for marketing.

I think using a swapfile (if one is necessary) might be the wisest
option, because it is less risky.

If you really want a swap partition then you have to think about other
details. What filesystem are you using? (Some filesystems can be
shrunk; others cannot.) Have your partitions been set up with LVM?

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org