[kwlug-disc] Parliament adjourned ... bills dead (again!)?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Wed Mar 30 13:43:39 EDT 2011

Russell McOrmond wrote, On 03/30/2011 9:39 AM:
> (BTW: If people would prefer an outsider to the KW region keep more
> quiet, let me know.  Of course, there are other lists for this,
> including one hosted at digital-copyright.ca )

Russell, please do not keep quiet.

The copyright issues have been around for some years. If the level of
verbosity was going to be a problem, that would have been evident by
now. It has not been.

kwlug is about computer use in the local community (kw-). Preferably,
but not necessarily, with a Linux / FOSS slant (-lug). Although,
presenting or discussing a piece of windows only software would be
right out, that's about it. And even then, if the question were: what
linux equivalent software is out there, that would be perfectly fine.

There is talk, here, of events in the community, issues that surround
the community (such as copyright), good vendors, ISPs, devices
(OpenWRT running, et al, preferred) such as routers and phones, and
the list goes on. Linux is used within a community, be that community
describe by use, or geography. Both exist within a larger context.

It's all good.

If it were otherwise, if this was a Ford enthusiasts group, for
example, discussion or complaints about the wretched pot holes that
abound would be verboten. To me, you couldn't have one without the other.