[kwlug-disc] clearing close_wait

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 24 22:04:29 EDT 2011

----- Original Message ----

Yes, definitively.

For spam what has worked for me lately is the similar idea of greylisting
(apt-get install postgrey) and configuring in Postfix the blacklists (like
spamhaus and spamcop); spamassassin doesn't work well (spam is processed
anyways) and consumes a lot of CPU. But what I tell people asking me now about
mail servers is just go to gmail / google apps if they accept the possible
privacy issues and save the trouble.

Fernando Duran
http://www.fduran.com