[kwlug-disc] clearing close_wait

Fernando Duran liberosec at yahoo.ca
Thu Mar 24 20:22:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

Not related to CLOSE_WAIT but to prevent this issue of an IP opening a lot of
connections you can setup the proper parameter in your mail server (for example
for
Postfix http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html#smtpd_client_connection_count_limit )
 , xinited also can limit the number of simultaneous client connections. Or
directly from iptables using
connlimit: http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/iptables-connection-limits-howto/

Cheers,
Fernando Duran