[kwlug-disc] KPL survey and ebooks

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Wed Jul 27 13:53:06 EDT 2011

So the Kitchener Public Library is running a usage/satisfaction survey
here:

http://somethingwonderfulisabouttohappen.com

In addition to offering the suggested feedback I sent KPL a gentle
reminder that their eBooks are DRM-laden, and in addition that (as far
as I know) I cannot use a Linux computer to read these books or
transfer them to a mobile device, because the required software
(OverDrive Media Console and/or Adobe Digital Editions) are not
available for my operating system. As a regular user of the KPL, it
distresses me that I am locked out of their digital content.

I won't go so far as to suggest other concerned Linux users do the
same, but I expect that one lone voice in their feedback survey will
be ignored.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org