[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavvy

Kyle Spaans 3lucid at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 20:06:52 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 7:38 PM,  <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> That has to be a crock. If you take out streaming or torrents you won't go
> over the cap, and you will incur no additional cost. (And you're already on
> the lowest, or almost lowest tier service, capacity and speed, anyways.)

Take out torrents, sure, but what's wrong with streaming? What about
games? Heck, lots of games use BitTorrent to distribute their big
patches. Why should "reasonable internet use" be nothing but text with
some pictures? This is exactly the mindset that Bell wants you to have.
(Sorry if I'm sounding tin-foil-hat-esque.)

I'm pretty sure that the future of the internet, not to mention innovative
new internet technologies, will be bandwidth heavy, and to the exclusion
of old-boys-club media like radio, TV, Hollywood, etc, so why would you
want to let them hamper your using the internet to its fullest?