[kwlug-disc] UBB, VOIP, and my wallet

unsolicited at swiz.ca unsolicited at swiz.ca
Mon Jan 31 19:34:30 EST 2011

{Just a side note people ... don't forget to trim your posts please.}

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011 16:29:27 -0500, Chris Irwin <chris at chrisirwin.ca>
wrote:
> I haven't been able to get OpenWRT to work on my Netgear WNDR3700 (it
> boots, but fails to bring up PPPoE to teksavvy). I'd be reluctant to
> start working on my in-use WRT54G (I'd imagine it might be a little
> ram-constrained). I could probably find a used one cheap, though...

I brought up OpenWRT on my WNDR3700 dead easy many months ago. Load the
firmware, up it came. I'm guessing you had a similar experience, it's the
PPPoE doing you in. Was the openwrt forum helpful to you?

I've done nothing with it since, for lack of time for the learning curve.
So it comes up getting it's address DHCP, which is to say it's behind my
current router. Using it that way, would it still suit your purposes -
especially since it, and if your main router, is QoS aware? You could still
play and prove asterisk in the mean time.