[kwlug-disc] UBB comes to Teksavv

Unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Jan 30 19:39:28 EST 2011

On Sun, January 30, 2011 6:05 pm, rbclemen at gmail.com wrote:
> Execulink and several others have colocated DSLAMs.

And so are immune to UBB?

Sorry, let me rephrase that.

DSLAMs mean the last mile is theirs, not Bells?

And also means that one is entirely on the provider's network and off Bell?

So are immune to any imposition by Bell of UBB? (Doesn't mean they
won't/don't impose their own.)

And while we're at it, let's make sure we keep distinct the recent
decision allowing Bell resellers to be traffic filtered. Which is a
distinct issue from UBB? [And even that, IIRC, is time limited to weekdays
(?) between 4 - 8 PM, unlike Rogers which is 24x7.]