[kwlug-disc] [OT] Diagnosing voip and Tomato

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Fri Feb 25 12:19:35 EST 2011

Insurance Squared Inc. wrote, On 02/24/2011 10:21 PM:
> Here's where I'm puzzled.  Seems like plenty of people using Voip on the list.
> Am I the only one experiencing this problem repeatedly?  Or does everyone else's
> calls degrade as soon as the kids get home from school?
>
> On 24/02/11 09:03 PM, L.D. Paniak wrote:
>> For bandwidth management on routers that seems to work, try the Gargoyle
>> distribution:
>>
>> http://www.gargoyle-router.com/

What's your supposed ISP up/down speed?

If call quality has changed recently, what's changed at your end?
Equipment?
(If you've run isp speed tests in the past, are current result
markedly different?)

When the kids get home and you notice the quality drop, is it actually
them / youtube, or that time of day? e.g. Your speed tests show a
significant drop?

You say your VoIP call gets choppy - is your called party hearing you
smoothly?