[kwlug-disc] floss fund nomination

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Thu Feb 17 15:11:30 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 02:20:38PM -0500, Paul Nijjar wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:11:29AM -0500, Brian Nickle wrote:
> > +1 for Bump The Queue
>
> The next three nominees are by Brian, Chris Frey and John van Ostrand.
> We have a positive vote from you, and some personal communication from
> Chris (which I think suggested he would be okay with the idea,
> although I am not certain).

I assumed my entry (git) was just this month.  I've already forgotten
any other I've submitted. :-)

But I am fine with it either way.

> One thing I will dig in my heels about is an assertion that I hope
> this does not set a precedent. Last year there was a request to bump
> the queue for a Haitian charity, and we decided against that. I hope
> future decisions will not come up often.

Perhaps it is a good idea to limit these decisions to FLOSS-oriented items,
if they ever come up in the future.

When I suggested the Haitian charity many moons ago, that was significantly
outside the scope of the FLOSS Fund, and was rightly quashed. :-)

- Chris