[kwlug-disc] floss fund nomination

Brian Nickle brian at nickle.ca
Thu Feb 17 11:11:29 EST 2011

+1 for Bump The Queue

I don't think bumping projects up the queue is a problem.  I'd be very
surprised if we can't all get behind LibreOffice.  LibreOffice is one of
those products that lets us get real / meaningful work done in our open
source world.  Without it we would all need a separate machine with MS
Office just to write documents.  LibreOffice also makes a great open sources
drug to start newbies on;  users who wouldn't touch Linux are quite
interested when you can throw a free office suite onto their computers.

Alright all you TeX writers composing emails in Pine let the flamwars begin
;)

Brian