[kwlug-disc] KWLUG and Voip

Chris Frey cdfrey at foursquare.net
Fri Feb 11 16:05:55 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 02:25:23PM -0500, Joe Wennechuk wrote:

> As a kind of side to this ...
>
> I would like to see more hands on type presentations. When I was at
> school the teacher would guide us step by step through an example. We
> would follow along actually doing what he was doing. It may be hard
> for us to do this due to all of the flavors and distros, but it is a
> thought. I really learn better this way. If prior to the presentation;
> we wer informed, ... in order to follow along you must have your system
> at such, and such state, and configuration etc...

A simple way to do this would be to set aside an extra 20 minutes for
an extended Q&A session, where everyone who is interested would start
experimenting step by step on their own laptops, asking the presenter
questions as they go along.

This would need to be announced in advance, so people would know of the
20 minute Q&A... or 30 minute Q&A as the case may be.

- Chris