[kwlug-disc] UBB Discussion, look at Cogeco

Rashkae rashkae at tigershaunt.com
Tue Feb 1 10:41:06 EST 2011

On 11-02-01 10:23 AM, Kyle Spaans wrote:

> I don't know what you've got against Teksavvy, their adjusted prices
> are _exactly_
> the same as other Bell resellers, as well as Bell's own DSL prices.

This might be the case, and I'll have to eat a lot of crow, but every
time I ask, I get directed to the CRTC documents I've already quoted,
which has much lower UBB rates.  And what other Bell resellers are they
exactly the same?  Most DSL resellers haven't announced the new UBB
rates at all, and some still selling unlimited plans on year contract
(no doubt they will regret that when they are left holding the Bell
invoice.)

What I have against TekkSavvy, assuming I didn't miss something that
makes me grossly wrong, is that on one side of the mouth they are making
public announcements about how they don't like the new UBB and how the
rates are insanely high, and on the other, they are setting prices that
give them over 100% mark-up on CRTC approved UBB.