[kwlug-disc] Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W - your experience?

Charles M chaslinux at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 10:42:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 6:20 PM, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:

> Anyone using Acanac cable internet in K-W?

Not sure if it was Acanac or another provider, but I went out to
troubleshoot one of our Linux client's Internet connections. The company
(not Teksavvy) was also providing VOIP to the client and the VOIP box had
some flaw translating IPv6. When we set IPv6 to ignored on his Linux box he
was able to get Internet through the VOIP box.

If you're doing VOIP without a router or are connecting from a VOIP box to
your router just check for this. Can't remember the model of VOIP box but
when I googled the model others had the same experience.

Cheers,

Chas.