[kwlug-disc] Google purchases Motorola (Mobile)?

unsolicited unsolicited at swiz.ca
Sun Aug 21 00:04:37 EDT 2011

Khalid Baheyeldin wrote, On 08/20/2011 11:48 PM:
> By the way, the guy who started CyanogenMod has now been employed by Samsung
> as of a week ago.

Hmmm. Interesting. Mail will cease to become gmail centric, etc.?
Forthcoming fork of some extent?

Especially in light of Samsung saying Google purchase of Motorola just
fine with them.

I'm guessing due to reassurances Google to Samsung, and original
agreement language including perpetual rights and access to using
Gmail, etc.

Not that we need more OS fragmentation - let Android take over the
world, not be distracted by others, then focus on making it 'better'.
(Sorry, sound like MS on Internet Explorer / netscape, I guess.)

To points made elsewhere, iPhone has succeeded due to larger ecosystem
than just iPhone. RIM is troubled by lack of such ecosystem. Android
is on pads too (AFAIK) - is the Android ecosystem larger than that?
Coming to a refrigerator near you?