[kwlug-disc] Freedom Box?

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Fri Aug 19 21:55:51 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 05:23:13PM -0400, Colin K wrote:
> So basically, freedombox is not going to be a social network, its basically
> going to be an amped up TOR node sort of idea but Much more high tech?  Or
> even a opensource content filtering/data security box/ultrafirewall?  The
> lines aren't very defined from what I've seen.  The talks on the site make
> it seem as though they don't even really know what it is.

I am not sure there is a good spec yet, but you can see some of the
proposed software here:

http://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/ExampleProjects

I am thinking of FreedomBox as being similar to OpenWRT: a "distro"
that is oriented towards services that can be run on a plug computer.
But I could be way off base.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org