[kwlug-disc] Bill C-32 and my visit to Peter Braids office

Darcy Casselman dscassel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 08:19:21 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 6:31 AM, Rob S. <mr_semantics at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I would not say that he is not interested at all.  I have actually seen him out going door to door.  That is actually the reasonhe gave for not attending at least on all candidates debate - that he preferred meeting with people in door to door fashion.  Can't sayI blame him either.  In a debate, it is just a bunch of people looking to score points, and often the issues don't even get addressed properly at all.  It seems to me that some people naturally do better in the pressure cooker debate format as well.  Just because a person does not debate well (and this is my guess about Mr. Braid, without any proof whatoever) does not mean he cannot be an MP.  Lots of MPs do their work well enough behind the scenes, and let the "big guys" in parliament do the debating in the house.

But debating is part of the job.  You'd hire someone who couldn't do the job?

And all candidate debates are strawberry socials compared to
parliament.  If he can't handle those...?

But I don't think the reason is he can't handle them at all.  I think
the reason is he's following orders:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/inside-politics-blog/2011/04/all-candidate-no-shows-stop-me-if-youve-heard-this-one-before.html

(Sorry, drifting wildly off topic)

Darcy.