[kwlug-disc] Natty Release & Linux / WinXP coexist

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 23:27:39 EDT 2011

What you are asking comes default in the Ubuntu installer.

When you install it will offer you the possibility to resize the XP partition.

Even though I've never had any problem repartitioning, I would still recommend
that you backup any data you care about. And in this case that you create the
windows recovery disks before repartitioning, Just in case.

I concur with Kyle, Memory seems rather low. This days it seems to be more
important than raw CPU power.

In Ubuntu accessing the Windows partition is transparent ( you don't have to do
anything special, just access as any other disk)

>From Windows you will need to install the corresponding drivers (Not Linux fault
but Windows does not come with the ext4 drivers)

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices
Twitter: rarsamx