[kwlug-disc] UPnP Remote Desktop Server

Jason Low jaaaaayyyyy at yahoo.ca
Sun Oct 17 21:05:32 EDT 2010

Hello All,

I would like to get my Linux desktop onto my TV.  I have a PS3 currently hooked
up to my TV for music, video and some games.  The browser is very poor on the
PS3.   Streaming video to the PS3 works quite well using the UPnP media server
on my Freenas.  I am wondering if it is possible to create a UPnP server that
could stream my Linux desktop as a video.  I would keep my mouse and keyboard
attached to my Linux machine.  Does this exist?  Thoughts?

Regards

Jason Low