[kwlug-disc] Announcement: (Alternate) Meeting Space for kwlug secured - King & William

Johnny Ferguson hyperflexed at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 19:31:59 EDT 2010

On 10/05/2010 04:40 PM, unsolicited wrote:
> Joe Wennechuk wrote, On 10/05/2010 4:10 PM:
>> $0.02
>>
>> I take the Bus from Cambridge, and for me King and William are a
>> lot farther, and serviced less by public transport than SJK, and as
>> the time gets later, like after meetings, the bus is less frequent.
>> King and William would be inconvenient; for me anyhow.
>
> Been a long time since I've taken a bus, but King & William is on the
> main line, every 10 minutes, IIRC. I would have thought more go up/down
> King than up/down Victoria. But what do I know.
>
> Any local bus riders know different / have a different experience?
>
> More importantly - anyone else coming from Cambridge that can give Joe a
> ride home, at least?

I hail from Cambridge, and you have the iXpress one block away at the
Town Square thing in front of the Shoppers. Failing that you can catch a
7 to Charles/Fairview and then the 52 back into Cambridge.

I think either location is fine, but SJK is closer (from a Cambridgian
point of view). Perhaps it's our fault for not having a stable LUG (I
think one started a couple years back, but fizzled out).

-Johnny