[kwlug-disc] Announcement: (Alternate) Meeting Space for kwlug secured - King & William

Raul Suarez rarsa at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 12:12:51 EDT 2010

--- On Tue, 10/5/10, Paul Nijjar <paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca> wrote:
> -0400, unsolicited wrote:
> > Which is to say - if, when, and should, kwlug desire or require an
> > alternative to SJK, this location is in the hopper and
> > will be available.

Thank you Bill. It is nice to have alternatives.

> There are some people who will not attend meetings at First
> United.

Or that may not feel as comfortable. But the same can be said for when we met at the pub.

> There are also (I think) people who do not attend meetings
> at SJK now. Both situations make me sad.

Really? I haven't heard of such case. Really.

> > Personally, I find it all but impossible to hear at SJK...
> > others have expressed the same sentiment.

Up to now the sound system has been reliable.

Would sitting in the front row or close to the speaker (as I do) help the situation?

I mean, people cannot have it both ways, sitting far so they can chat and at the same time hear the presentation.

> We will have the option of going back to SJK if we want (at
> least for the forseeable future).

I really prefer the SJK location. Neutral, central, close to Zekes.

Attendance to the monthly meetings has been healthy. It seems to me that it is still attractive to new attendees as I see new faces and "new regular" faces at each meeting.

Any location will have one issue or another. I don't find a compelling reason to change.

So for now, I end the same way I started. I am grateful to the people that secured an alternative location. It is great to have alternatives. Hopefully we will not need it.

Regards,

Raul Suarez

Technology consultant
Software, Hardware and Practices