[kwlug-disc] What's the simple next level beyond OpenOffice Base?

Insurance Squared Inc. gcooke at insurancesquared.com
Sat Nov 27 10:43:35 EST 2010

Excellent point, and not something most of us would think through at the
spreadsheet level.

I worked in the pricing department of an insurance company back in the
nineties doing technical pricing work.  I created a couple of Excel
spreadsheets for the underwriters to use to assist them with their
pricing work.  5+ years after I'd left the company an underwriter
thanked me for the spreadsheets - they were still using them.  As far as
I know, they're still using them today, well over a decade after I've left.