[kwlug-disc] upgrading a fedora 7 server to something more recent

Chris Bruner cbruner at quadro.net
Thu Nov 25 15:39:20 EST 2010

On 11/25/2010 3:25 PM, John Van Ostrand wrote:
> [...]
Sorry, I miss-understood you.  Yes I can access root through ssh.
I did find an repository and tried upgrading according to the
instructions on
http://www.ioncannon.net/system-administration/133/upgrading-from-fedora-7-to-fedora-8-with-yum/
which looked pretty reasonable to me.
There were no release notes on the repository and the version was 8-6
instead of 8-3.

A number of the missing dependancies in libraries were found (libc.so.6
among them) libc.so.6 is in /lib/ so now I'm confused.