[kwlug-disc] Bandwidth monitoring for individual computers in a home network

Paul Nijjar paul_nijjar at yahoo.ca
Mon May 31 11:39:58 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 08:43:15AM -0700, Fernando Duran wrote:

> > fprobe, which I mention on the page, does exactly that. My thought
> > was to run ntop on a regular server, and > have only fprobe on the
> > OpenWRT device.
>
> ntop is very nice, it just tends to crash a lot.

One thing I can't figure out about ntop is how to make it collect data
and store it for the long term. It seems that ntop will not monitor
data unless I am staring at the screen. Am I missing something
obvious?

This is a problem that I am also interested in, but I have not put in
the time to solving it yet. I am thus keenly interested in the outcome
of this thread.

- Paul

--
http://pnijjar.freeshell.org