[kwlug-disc] Selling stuff on list (was: "android g1 dev phone for sale")

Chris Irwin chris at chrisirwin.ca
Tue May 18 15:39:03 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 14:13, unsolicited <unsolicited at swiz.ca> wrote:
> There is no such policy on this list.
>
> In fact, this list has no policies, IIRC.

I figured, just thought I would check.

> The list has frequently been used in the past for such. Dave's post is OK.

Just to be clear, I didn't have any problem with Dave's post. My only
worry is that I've got more than one thing to sell, and wasn't sure if
this would be perceived as a commercial posting.

> Any significant commercial posting would be decried, however.

I assumed as much. I'm not making a profit since most of it is stuff I
bought new a few years ago. It would be a terrible business plan.

> Chris, go ahead and throw it up on the list. Many such messages have
> triggered interesting conversations (down memory lane) or debates (PCI vs
> AGP?). Others have triggered Charles to say Computer Recycling can use some
> of the bits, if they don't find some other home. FWIW, many kijiji posts
> include a bevy of items in one shot.

Charles: Is there a cutoff or minimum requirement? Any particular
parts in demand?

--
Chris Irwin
<chris at chrisirwin.ca>