[kwlug-disc] (DECT) Cordless Phones?

Mon May 10 10:09:52 EDT 2010

On Monday, May 10, 2010 09:56:46 am unsolicited wrote:
> What are people using for cordless phones these days?
> I presume DECT, as 1.9GHz, staying away from the 2.x & 5 GHz wi-fi ranges.

I'm currently using a 900MHz (I think?) Panasonic that's served me well, but
it's time for a new one.

My wishlist is DECT 6.0, two lines (not two sets on the same damn line!) and
Panasonic, if possible. I love their cordless phones.

KX-TG9382T. I swear that Canada Computers had these, but their website claims
not.  I don't fully trust their website, though. :-)

> I presume I'm fantasizing to hope for colour display, lots of (CHEAP!)
> handsets, and answering systems with usb connectors to copy incoming
> messages to .wav (or something) files. [i.e. Land line bridging phone
> until VoIP/Asterisk.]

I don't care about a colour display, but two handsets, two lines (for
Asterisk, of course!) and a long and unfulfilled wish for Bluetooth are on my
list along with a really good battery life.

-A.